Saturday, July 4, 2009

Search for pizza: an update


So, I have found a solution to my pizza dilemma. A frozen pizza that is actually better than a lot of frozen pizzas in the US AND reasonably-priced. Now, I had been buying frozen pizza from the foodhall at Marks & Spencer for about $8, then dropped to $6. These are really good, "gourmet" if you will, pizzas but a bit expensive. But when I was at my friend's flat one night she fixed a few of Dr. Oetker's Casa di Mama. I had already eaten so I only ingested the visual. It looked really good. So, then I gave it a shot, buying 2 at one time - knowing that I was going out of town and didn't have any food in the fridge. Two cost just a bit more than 1 from M&S. The result: a great tasting pizza that looks like the box. I've had two kinds: a veggie with pesto and the diablo meat one pictured here. Now, I still say that Pizzerie Kmotra (translates to godfather) is the best in Prague, but when I need a quick meal after a long day, Dr. Oetker is the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment