Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just an update.

If you're wondering what I'm up to, it's a mix between busy and lazy - or vegging out after being busy. It's been great, though. I've been energized to work but then exhausted so that I'm behind in my writing. What's new for an anthropologist, right? I should clarify that I've been "writing" as in my notebook has tons of notes but they just haven't made it to the computer, which means that they (or my other random thoughts) haven't made it to the blog lately. On the other hand, since I've been working, I haven't had much to say for the blog. Unless you really want to know about the awesome articles on gender and migration that I've been reading! Or all the American and British TV that I've been catching up on when my brain stops comprehending the scholarly stuff.

In other news, I'm learning my "job" - not sure if this has made it to the blog, so forgive me if it's a repeat - but I'm working (for free) part-time at the company where my research is based. It's a great set-up; I get not only observation, but also participation which is good since participant-observation is a keystone to Socialcultural Anthropology.

And I have finally started Czech class. It's small and all Czech all the time. After one class, I like the teacher, so I'm happy. I also have homework to finish this morning before class tonight.

But, my friend is coming from Vienna for the weekend so I'm really looking forward to showing off my adopted city. More next week...well, later next week. I am swamped until next Thursday - which also means I'll be missing all of the inauguration excitement. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment